Pet owners are always looking for ways to benefit their furry friends. The best thing that you can do for your pet today is to provide them with a surface that helps preserve their long-term health and well-being.
Artificial pet turf fulfills this exact need while also ensuring a fun environment that all pets can enjoy. The many benefits of artificial pet turf are why an increasing amount of pet owners are making the switch from natural grass.
If you’re a pet owner who’s still on the fence about artificial pet turf, SGW Reno is here with some answers to questions that you may currently have.
Is Synthetic Turf or Natural Grass Better for Your Pet?
Synthetic turf is superior to natural grass when it comes to the needs of pet owners and their furry companions. It offers greater convenience to pet owners and promotes increased safety and fun for pets.
Your pet will be able to play freely on artificial grass without having to worry about being exposed to harmful chemicals or dangerous pests typically found on natural grass surfaces. Synthetic turf is a clean surface that doesn’t require the use of toxic lawncare chemicals to maintain an environment free of pests like ticks and fleas.
What Makes Up A Pet Turf System?
Artificial pet turf systems often consist of several components that are all layered on top of one another:
- The Sub-Base: The sub-base is the layer of compacted stone or recycled rubber that serves as the stabilizing foundation for artificial turf.
- The Drainage System: Every synthetic turf surface needs a drainage system that will allow water to flow freely and drain away. This is vital for preventing water buildup and puddles on your artificial grass.
- Weed Barrier: A weed barrier is set up to stop weed growth throughout your pet turf.
- The Infill: Infill gives your artificial grass a soft texture that is pleasant to stand on. Some infill options even come with anti-microbial properties that help ensure a clean, odor-free surface.
- The Turf: The final layer installed onto your surface is the artificial turf. It’s what you see when you look at your surface.
Can Synthetic Grass be Damaged by Pets?
Artificial grass is a rigid, durable surface that can withstand heavy use and harsh conditions. No matter what your synthetic grass surface goes through, it will still maintain excellent performance for many years to come.
Your pet can play as hard they want on artificial turf, and you’ll never have to worry about any damage occurring to the surface.
Can Pets Be Allergic to Artificial Turf?
If your pet is not allergic to polyethylene or nylon, then artificial turf should be fine for them. Synthetic turf is a safer environment for pets when limiting allergy worries.
Unlike natural grass, artificial turf does not contain pollen, which means that pets with grass allergies and their owners never have to worry about any health-related incidents.
Implement artificial pet turf today to provide your pet with a safer, cleaner, and more fun surface. When shopping for products like pet turf, count on SGW Reno, a leader in the synthetic turf industry, to help address your artificial grass needs. Contractors across Reno, Nevada, and North America have made us their preferred choice for synthetic grass wholesale because of the unrivaled quality of our artificial grass products. You can be confident in our lineup as they are all non-toxic, lead-free, and backed by a 15-year warranty. For more information about what we can do for you, fill out our online contact form or call us at (800) 651-3718 to request a free product sample.